Home  Contact Us

H-1 B Visa Document List

Information Needed from the U. S. Employer:

  • Copy of the Company Brochure and Annual Report (company description);
  • Year Company was Established;
  • Current Number of Employees; and
  • Company's Gross Annual Income.

Information Needed from the Foreign National who is in the U. S.:

  • Current address, home, work and fax phone numbers;
  • Current Resume;
  • Copy of most recent payroll statement (only if currently on H1B status);
  • Copy of College Diploma(s);
  • Copies of College Transcripts;
  • Copies of Secondary School Certificates and mark sheets (for Indian and Mexican applicants);
  • Clear copy of passport (all pages, including blank pages, and front and back covers);
  • Social Security Number; and
  • Name of the contact person at the company along with a current telephone and fax number.

NOTE: The items below may or may not apply:

  • I-20 ID (front and back);
  • Work Authorization Card (front and back, with expiration date clearly legible);
  • Copy of all prior H1B approval Notice(s); and
  • Copy of passports, I-94 cards, and Social Security Numbers for any family members who wish to apply for H-4 status/extension.

Information Needed from the Foreign National Who Are Not in the U. S.:

  • Clear copy of College Diploma(s), Degree, etc...;
  • Clear copy of College Transcripts or mark sheets;
  • Clear copy of passport (all pages, including blank pages, and front and back covers);
  • Current Resume;
  • Copy of Employment Verification Letter from past employer;
  • Dates of prior stays in the U.S. on either an H, F, L, or J visa; and
  • Current address, phone number, and fax number.

Required Documents for H-1B Visa Stamping::

  • An application Form OF-156, completed and signed. Blank forms are available without charge at all U.S. consular offices;
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make an application;
  • One photograph 1 and 1/2 inches square (37x37mm) for each applicant, showing full face, against a light background;
  • A notice of approval, Form I-797;
  • A Labor Condition Application accepted by the Department of Labor;
  • A description of the position from the US employer, confirming that the position is temporary, and including full details of why it is a "specialty" occupation. This should also confirm that the candidate will be a direct employee, and the salary level. Further, some information about the nature of the employer's business should be included;
  • Proof of the candidate's qualifications such as certified copies of qualifications, including, where appropriate, confirmation of the US equivalency of any foreign qualifications. This confirmation of non-US qualifications is generally obtained by a qualified credentials evaluator or US academic, and must be accompanied by verbatim translations of any certificates/transcripts in languages other than English;
  • A copy of the candidate's résumé (curriculum vitae);
  • Copies of the candidate's previous passports, visa stamps, and I-94, if applicable;
  • Copies of work authorization cards, I-20, and IAP-66 forms, if applicable;
  • Details of the candidate's Social Security Number, if applicable;
  • Details of the candidate's foreign address;
  • A copy of the employment offer letter;
  • If relevant, a license enabling the candidate to work in the US.

Documents Required to Convert from H-4 to H-1B:

  • Original I-797 .(or, approved petition);
  • Copy of I-129 ( petition filed for H-1B);
  • Copy of Labor Form;
  • Copy of latest pay stubs.(Carry all of them to be on the safe side);
  • Copy of degree evaluation done by your employer when filing for your H-1;
  • All original transcripts with copies;
  • Letter from Human Resource stating your designation, salary ,duration and nature of work;
  • Attested copy of marriage certificate. Take the original along with you too if you have it;
  • All your passports and I-94s along with the latest I-94 (Passport must be valid for at least 6 months more than the date of expiry of H-1);
  • Letters of reference from your last job, if any;
  • Offer Letter from your company;
  • Completed application form;
  • Passport size photo; and
  • Visa Fee.
1600 Sawtelle Blvd., Suite 101
Los Angeles, California 90025

Tel: (310)268-1060


© 2003 PPP.  All rights reserved.